Morning everyone and happy sunday! I haven’t blogged for a while now as life is crazy busy with 2 babies now and everything else I have going on too but I made this Tone It up protein pancakes this morning for the first time and they were gorgeous so wanted to share the recipe! I used a recipe and adapted it slightly to what I had in the fridge from the girls at toneitup.com. I joined their nutrition plan a few years ago and every now and then go back to using some of their recipes depending on what I have in the cupboards. Sometimes these recipes can be quite expensive or some of the ingredients are from America so I try to find an alternative to use from the Uk instead. This recipe is super quick and really easy, you could even make the batter the night before so all you have to do in the morning is cook them!
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (if no chocolate use vanilla with a tsp of natural cocoa powder)
- 2 x egg whites
- 3 x tbs natural cottage cheese
- 1 x tbs almond milk (use chocolate if you have it)
- 1 tsp stevia ( I used truvia baking blend)
- Add a tbs of dark chocolate chips in at the end once the above is mixed together
- Agave Nectar
- Mix all the the ingredients together in a bowl except the dark chocolate chips
- Melt some coconut oil in a pan
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and ladel into your pan
- Keep your pan on a medium/high heat and once you see bubbles in your mixture it’s time to flip
- Add toppings!
I made 3 x larger pancakes out of this but they do cook a little better if you make 4 smaller pancakes and are also easier to flip.
Let me know if you make these, they’re delicious! Make you feel like you’re cheating when you’re not! Share your protein pancake pics or recipes on instagram with me! Use the #fitmumdiary