Good morning! Hope you are doing well. I am writing this post from my bed after doing the last night feed and now I am wide awake. Baby Aayliah is fast asleep on my chest, I love the cuddles but they don’t last long before they start wriggling around so I am making the most of it! When I made Aayliah up he bottle from the Tommee tippee perfect prep machine it got me thinking about the items that I have bought that are making life a lot easier with a newborn and thought I would share!
Here are my top 5 essential newborn items: (mainly for bottle feeding mums)
- Tommee tippee perfect prep machine. This bottle making gem is so worth paying out for if you are not breast feeding or for when you move on to bottles. Midwives say now that you have to make up bottles as and when you need them and you cannot make them in advance. So when your child is screaming for milk at 3am you have to boil the kettle and wait for it to cool before you can even give your child a bottle. Not in the case of the prep machine, it does it ally you in around 30 seconds. It has a filter to sterilise the water and comes out at the perfect temperate for baby to drink. Amazing!!
- Tommee tippee sterilising kit. This is an electric steriliser and does 6 bottles at a time which can stay sterile for up to 24 hours. This kit came with everything you need for bottle feeding; bottles, bottle warmer, bottle pouches and storage for milk powder. It was also on offer at the time and half price so keep your eye out for deals!
- Gro egg room thermometer. This is an electric room thermometer which changes colour when the room is too cold etc. Really reasonably priced and a great way to keep the temperature of your room at a perfect number especially if you have a winter baby.
- Rocking stand for Moses basket. As baby is usually in your room for the first few weeks/months then a Moses basket or crib is essential. We also love our rocking Moses basket stand as its a great way to get baby off to sleep when you need yours! Having the rocking part makes it easy to rock baby to sleep after a feed especially at night when you can’t keep your eyes open any longer!
- A large changing bag. I have a Pink lining change bag and have had a new one for Aayliah which is actually the twins one, but it is great for fitting in both Aayliah’s items and Macie’s too when I take them out together. It has thermal pockets inside the bag which can also detach from the lining to take out with you so you can keep bottles warmer for longer. It has a change may for when you’re out and need one, and many pockets for all your must need changing items. A great change bag for anyone not decided on theirs yet!
So there are my top newborn items for new mums. There are so many other things I can think of but these are my essentials at the moment without the obvious prams and car seats etc.
What are your top tips? Bought any item(s) that you couldn’t live without when you have a baby? I don’t personally think you need to go overboard when buying items for new baby but these items above do make life a little easier especially when you’re tired during those first few weeks.
Disclaimer: all thoughts and opinions are of my own. This post is not sponsored by any of the products mentioned.
Have a great day!